January 16, 2014
Posted by on
Pollution is a matter that is in everyones mind, and so, even car makers can’t denied that is becoming a huge problem. Some researchs have been made through years, however we only could get cars with less contamination systems, technical improves or hybrid types; but we couldn’t make them totally work without gas.
Thankfully, they start improving and making cars that could work only with electricity, and so, the first electric cars were made. Nowadays, sadly, we can’t see many types of this car, they didn’t become so popular.
There are some pros and cons concerning this type of car:
- They don’t contaminate the environment, which is the most important part.
- They are more efficient than cars using gasoline (conventionals cars only use the 17-21% of the power that gasoline can provided and electric cars 59-62%).
- Their motors are more silent, they are easier to manage and they last longer since they need less care.
- They need electricity to operate, which can be found in every home nowadays.
- Their main negative side is the battery, which last less than gasoline cars.
- Their recharge time is very long (they need 4-8 hours to fully recharge).
- The battery needs change frequently and are quite expensive.
- This cars batteries are big and they occupy a large amount space of the car.
Renault, Chevrolet, Opel, Ford, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Seat, Peugeot, Tesla, Volswagen, BMW, Toyota,… are some car brands that have been experimenting and releasing this type of cars (in the picture we can see the Renault’s car called Zoe).