The world is in your hands
January 9, 2015
Posted by on
“A person does not grow from the ground like a vine or a tree, one is not part of a plot of land. Mankind has legs so it can wander.”
― Roman Payne, The Wanderess
Have you ever had the feeling that you were blocked inside a little box for year and that everything around you had never changed or moved? Has that feeling ever been overgrown by the only desire of change and escaping just to know what freedom feels like? Well, look no further the world is in your hands; traveling may be the solution or better said the start of the journey of your life.
In this specific post we will focus on the biggest dream of new born travelers: traveling the world. It is something anyone can do, but it needs preparation like anything in life, if you have motivation these tips will just be secondary details and totally forgotten once you begin the journey. Without further a do let’s begin.
First of you must ponder on the reasons on why you would like the world: maybe its boredom from the routine and you are looking for exciting and discovering new horizons …
Secondly acknowledge that you might get lost , you might get lonely and you might find yourself in dangerous situations , but understand it is inevitable but you will find tips here to prevent or see it in a relativist light.
- You are not the first person traveling: socialize, and SMILE to locals, they will be your best map/GPS, hotel and guide for the entire journey. After a don’t e you will become a professional on non-verbal communication but you will be thankful of your new skill.
- Be adventurous, there is no such thing as a mistake but regrets will last forever.
- Don’t be cheap yet don’t be wasteful: spend the money on vital human needs ( and yes sleep is one of them).
- Learn languages: the world is big and there a uncountable cultures. Enough said.
- Have your ID, passport, VISA, International License in place: it will be your most precious and valuable good.
- Don’t overload your luggage: traveling light is the way to go. You can always buy during your travel.
- Stash cash in different places: money is the king in many countries, and people will try to rob you. A good idea is to saw it in your bag.
- Get lost on purpose: it is guaranteed it will become your best memories.
- Food wise: avoid eating uncooked or unpeeled foods ( fruit and vegetables, meat/fish) and you will be save from the famous “travelers stomach ache”.
- Karsten, M. (2013, November 13). My 30 Best Travel Tips After 3 Years Traveling The World. Retrieved January 9, 2015, from http://expertvagabond.com/best-travel-tips/
- Crowther, L. (2013, July 9). 21 Travel Expert Tips for Planning a Round the World Trip. Retrieved January 9, 2015, from https://www.statravel.co.uk/travel-blog/2013/07/21-travel-expert-tips-for-planning-a-round-the-world-trip/